Change visibility for the latest placed block

pttr

Hi,

I'm trying to change the visibility of the last placed block.

I could not find a way that suited me for the code below.

(defun vblty (/ Visibility1 blk )
     (setq blk (entlast))
  (if (/= Visibility1 "")
	;Place Visibility1 to block
    )
)

I have looked at some other topics, but the code is always a bit over my level of LISP understanding.

Any help is much appreciated! :)

Lee Mac has a fairly comprehensive set of routines here ( http://www.lee-mac.com/dynamicblockfunctions.html#getvisibilityparametername ) and to use (entlast) I think you'll need to change that to be a VLA-Object something like:

(setq blk (vlax-ename->vla-object (entlast)))

He is usually pretty good with his routines and fairly easy to follow

• Like 1

if talking a dynamic block then yes thanks to Lee-mac 1st, then can display visibility values and choose. Works for any dynamic block as it reads the visibility values. You insert block and then visibility values are displayed.

Multiradio9.png.4aa769abe91d20b82e06f4b5d68d281a.png

Is this what you want as its 3 lisps, 2 are library functions the dcl and Lee-mac dynamic block functions. let me know will post code.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another problem that I have is that the visibility string is lowercase and I need to make sure that whatever value I have it always starts with an uppercase letter.

I tried using this, but it doesn't work for at strings as a variable

Tried Lee Mac´s code to but same problem

http://www.lee-mac.com/textcasefunctions.html

Anyone know how to change the first letter of a String as variable to uppercase?

Strcase will change the case of a string, so abc becomes ABC, you can look at what your typed,  and look at the 1st character strange but there are 52 characters in the English alphabet from a computer perspective, so a=97 A=65 so a "c" becomes 100-32 (chr 68)

Useful hints

(ascii (getstring)) (ascii (substr str 1 1))

(chr x)

(substr str 1 1)

So can work out any 

On 3/28/2023 at 12:24 PM, BIGAL said:

Strcase will change the case of a string, so abc becomes ABC, you can look at what your typed,  and look at the 1st character strange but there are 52 characters in the English alphabet from a computer perspective, so a=97 A=65 so a "c" becomes 100-32 (chr 68)

Useful hints

(ascii (getstring)) (ascii (substr str 1 1))

(chr x)

(substr str 1 1)

So can work out any 

Turns out It was working all along, Problem was a (,) in the start of the word it was trying to make uppercase and therefor it would not compute. Thanks for your contribution!