STACK OVERFLOW = 900???

sln8458

Just had the following error, can anyone shed any light on what it means please?

Command: (load"sln_piping.lsp")
Command: sln_pipingSTACK OVERFLOW = 900
error: LISP: stack overflow

Steve

23 hours ago, sln8458 said:

Just had the following error, can anyone shed any light on what it means please?

Command: (load"sln_piping.lsp")
Command: sln_pipingSTACK OVERFLOW = 900
error: LISP: stack overflow

Steve

@sln8458 Wow that's an error I haven't seen in all long time! That usually indicates you ran out of memory to run the program. If your code is very memory intensive you may have to find a more efficient way of doing it, or use some older memory functions in AutoLISP, such as (gc), (mem), (alloc) and (expand).

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply/info.

The PC is an i9-12900/64Gb ram/Geforce 3060ti 8Gb, but I did have other programs running at the same time, one is VERY memory hungry :) so probably the cause.

SteveN

• Like 1

IIRC you can possibly get that error if too much nested code, not sure about AutoLISP.

If it was working previously, maybe just a momentary issue.

Can you post or link the code? What version of AutoCAD (or other CAD program) are you using?

Just thinking back to your other questions, did you have a lot of DCL pop ups open at the time? Probably not this though

Morning Guys,

There is a total of 4 dialogs in the code, with the most active dialogs in the code atm is 3, and that is only because I have failed to close the first. ( that is a separate problem that still persists :( )

The problem (stack overflow) has not happend again since I stopped trying to do too many things at the same time!!

I'm running Intellicad 11.1.374

Edited by sln8458
additional info
  • Like 1

This is the add-on, though I'm working on changing the way that the dialog works from a single ALL-IN dialog to one dialog for each item in the left hand 'Selection' column.

it can be downloaded from here -> sln piping lsp <-

SteveN

Edited by sln8458
  • Like 1