Help with re-drawing an existing drawing

Five Eyes

Hi guys, 

I am trying to re-draw a drawing I was given, but I am a bit confused with the re-sizing and elevations. Any help will be much appreciated. 

The scale is 1:200.

recreate.jpg

How did you get on with this? So dimensions are all metric - if that helps (should be stating the obvious here).

I would start with a point that has a dimension for it and work from there as much as you can.

Next step would be to import as a PDF, scale as much as you can to be accurate remembering that a hand drawn drawing that has been printed and scanned a few times will never be accurate in all directions or even along an axis. But line up your PDF under the lines you know and see if that helps you along. Should give you close angles for lines. I'll often over aly lines using magenta because that stands out nice. Some of the items in a drawing will be standard sizes, so a 152mm line on the scaled PDF might represent a 150mm pipe for example, go by the centre line and offset either side to get the edges.

After that it looks like a site plan and so some of the curves will never be accurate - all depends how good the civil engineers were with their machines, so get that mostly correct.

And then add a massive disclaimer on the drawing about locations being approximate and contractor should satisfy themselves for accuracy before undertaking any works.

Top tip though, import PDF, scale and draw over it, remove PDFs and then make it all accurate