Circle Solid?

mrjagsr744

I am using AutoCAD 2008 64 bit, and recently I noticed that if I draw a circle and move it (elevation) above any 3d object and I issue the hide command, everything under the circle is blocked,:? but if I draw an ellipse instead of a circle, it shows everything under it.:o

Does anybody knows if there is a variable setting that is making the circle appear as a solid?

Thanks for the answer but I don't want to convert the circle to a surface, all I wanted to know is, why does a simple circle above any 3D solid object appears as solid but not if the circle is an drawn using the ellipse command. BTW this only happens when using the "old" Hide command and not 3DHidden.

This is one of the answers I got from the Autodesk forum:"They have always done this -- maybe a throwback to the earliest pre-3Dsolid days when you'd need something to cap a cylinder so it wouldn't look hollow in hidden-line view? HIDE is kinda old-style anymore -- none of the hidden-line or shaded visual styles fill the circle."