Civil 3D color override moves labels in profile view

CyberAngel

Can't explain this. I have a crossing pipe label that needs to be one color in one viewport and another color in another viewport. No problem, I overrode the color in the viewport.

The label changed color. Fine. It moved 50 feet to the left. So did every other label in the profile view. Not just that style, not just that layer, but every label in that viewport, on that sheet, and in the viewport on the other sheet of road profiles. It may be a bug, but it's very thorough.

In model space the profile view looks okay. That may be the creepiest part.

Screenshot 2023-04-26 labels.png

Edited by CyberAngel

Never had this happen to me, it is an odd one. I would be tempted to fix rather than work out why for now - if it happens again try to work it out.

You probably know all this but for others who might read this:

Try regen and redraw

Try copying a good viewport that works and then change the colours as you need

If that doesn't work make a new viewport - but then you need to zoom correctly, do the colours, and any other changes you need

If that doesn't work, make a new tab and viewport, copy any border into it

And if that doesn't work, copy to a new drawing, and remake all the viewports (left to right click of course misses out some things that arn't displayed)

Once you close the drawing and open it again, the weirdness goes away. It's not a data problem, it's just a graphics problem (among several others). Maybe I need a different graphics card?

Forgot that as step 1, all computer problems, shut down and start again!

Sounds more like hardware, maybe graphics card - did you have a lot of other stuff going on in the background?