Same block references with different rotation all show 0 rotation

mickeforsberg

I have a drawing on which I have multiple block references with different rotation.

Something has happened since placing the blocks and now if I select two blocks with seemingly different rotations, they still both show as 0 rotation.

If I copy a rotated block and paste it, it pastes with a different rotation (the block's default 0 rotation, which is the block selected to the right in the attached image)

An additional problem I've encounted with the drawing is that when I copy a block, the hatch inside the block is brought to front, covering the outline. If I edit the block reference and send hatch to back, all the blocks are reset. HOWEVER they don't all reset to the block's default rotation, a seemingly random number of blocks, while also reset, instead show as rotated 180 degrees (while it says 0 in properties)

What is happening here?

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by mickeforsberg

I would guess that the differently rotated blocks were placed while in different coordinate systems. That's what the rotation discrepancies point to.

Another possibility is that they're dynamic blocks. For some reason, AutoCAD seems to treat each instance of the same dynamic block as unique. I'm never sure what's going to happen when I insert one.

14 hours ago, CyberAngel said:

I would guess that the differently rotated blocks were placed while in different coordinate systems. That's what the rotation discrepancies point to.

Another possibility is that they're dynamic blocks. For some reason, AutoCAD seems to treat each instance of the same dynamic block as unique. I'm never sure what's going to happen when I insert one.

How can I check about the coordinate systems?

It does seem like they are dynamic blocks. In the block editor I don't see anything "dynamic" about them though, but they do have the lightning symbol in the block definition list.