What is saved when button states "current" customization files?

JerryFiedler

CUItree.png.ae49401d8ffcbfe6e287a77fbd255eef.png

I have all my customizations in "Dundee" partial cuix file. I know I can right-click the "Dundee" name and "save as" but that is not very convenient as a method to regular backup . The save button, indicated with a red arrow, displays "Save all current customization files"  when you hover the mouse over the button.  If I look at the folder "C:\Users\jerry\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2022\R24.1\enu\Support"  there is an acad.cuix file with a recent date which is probably the date I last clicked the save button.

I have two questions:

1) What does Autodesk mean by "all current" in the attached screen shot of my CUI?

2) Does the acad.cuix file in appdata folder have ALL the items shown in the tree including the partial cuix's?

Are you only using CUI to edit the cuix ? For me I always start with a mnu so can easily copy.

Ps a secret copy the cuix and rename to zip then look inside.

• Thanks 1

Al,

Thank you for the tip regarding the zip file. That worked. The partial cuix files do NOT appear to be in the acad.cuix that is saved when clicking the "Save all current customization files" button in the CUI.  However, the backup issue with my partial cuix was actually not a problem but just my misunderstanding.

The DUNDEE.cuix file on my C-drive support path is shown in the Windows file manager with a date of 1/25/2023. I have made changes using the CUI editor several times since then so I thought the file was not being updated. I expected the date to change.  Using your zip technique I opened the 1/25/2023 version and, lo and behold, there are items in that file that have dates as recently as yesterday. AutoCAD is updating the partial cuix file but Windows file manager does not appear to know it changed.  That is strange.  I really do not care about that date since I now know that the file is being changed and it is very easy to backup on another drive using lisp.

Yes, I use the CUI to add commands and modify ribbon panels to my personal "DUNDEE" cuix. Even though I am now retired and no longer work in an engineering office with its own "standards" I keep my personal setup in my partial cuix.

I am a ribbon guy and have not used menus in ANY application that offers ribbons. To each his own or whatever works!  Thanks again Al.

Looked at the ribbon it does not have a mnu version rather its all xml code so was thinking about trying to replicate a custom ribbon based on a txt style file so no need to use the Cui editor. I think as ribbons were added more recently that Autodesk took that stance of use CUI only. Its way down in the to do list.