Insert Field Objects remains empty

Gitte Van Gompel

I have a problem with Insert Field eg. Objects. I don't get to see anything, in the right area and can't make a choice. Normally I should be able to choose: Object type; Property, Format; List separator etc.... The Immage bellow shows what it should look like, but I only see the left column, Field names. I can not choose property, nor Format...
These boxes are simply not shown. Instead it is a plane grey area....

To solve this problem, Wich setting am I missing ???

I have the problem both in autoCAD 2023 Std as autoCAD Map 2024
spacer.png

Sounds like a computer problem any other dcls not working ?

What is your graphics card ?

Sometimes changing the graphics accelerator to off can help.

Else a reinstall.

The first step in getting a field is connecting to the container. I know this is basic, but there's not much to go on here.

If this utility isn't seeing objects in your drawing, is it possible that your file isn't available or you're working in an empty window? Maybe the server went offline.

Is there anything else that isn't working? Have you updated anything lately? Grasping at straws.

An image of what you have would be nice, as well as your computer, monitor and graphics specifications.

Could be a corrupt profile. Why are you using AutoCAD 2023 and Map3D 2024, does Map3D 2023 and AutoCAD 2024 have the problem?

Could be some conflicts, are all updated? Graphics driver updated? Computer OS updated? All drawings?

Sounds like you haven't selected an object yet, different objects have different properties so none of them will display until you've selected an object.

Welcome to our forum!

1 hour ago, tombu said:

Sounds like you haven't selected an object yet, different objects have different properties so none of them will display until you've selected an object.

Welcome to our forum!

The boxes show for me without anything selected.

Per the OP

.I can not choose property, nor Format...These boxes are simply not shown. Instead it is a plane grey area....

2 hours ago, SLW210 said:

The boxes show for me without anything selected.

Per the OP

But they are empty and as it was their first post I thought it was worth asking since they didn't mention what type of object was selected.

Do the other boxes display anything if you select a proxy object?

Searched but could not find a similar issue.

Hence the reasons for my questions to further explain. They stated the boxes were gone, not just empty and the area gray.

Leads me to think it's computer related or a bug.

Since the OP is MIA, we may never know.