xref very very slow opens

jim78b

hello everyone, I have several dwg that if I open it does not find the linked files, I noticed that they have paths with web addresses like:
\\10.26.201.6\
I open them, but they are slow to open and even to detach them!

This sounds like a question for your IT people. There's something weird about your network, or at least the place where you keep your xrefs. Do you not have similar problems with the host drawings? I guess redefining the paths for these files doesn't help.

no network problem! I'm sure, I work autonomously, deleting the xrefs the drawings open normally, also tried on another pc.delete the path of xref help!

What kind of path did your xrefs have before? Something like Z:\projects\MegaBox\design means there's a drive out there on your server, and your system is mapping that drive to the letter Z. When you lose that drive mapping, it means something has broken down somewhere along the route. What you're getting is a network address, not a path.

I can't tell you much more than that without knowing anything about your system.

Okay, you're getting these drawings from someone else, and they have xrefs, but the xrefed drawings aren't included. Those broken links are slowing down your system. Does that sum up your issue?

Do you need those xrefed drawings, or can you work without them? Your client/co-worker/whoever needs to supply those files too, and you need to put them in a folder that's accessible from the host drawing, if not the same folder. That way the xref process should work. On the other hand, if you don't need them, you can detach them and carry on.

yes right! i can work without...i used reference manager util tools to detach them. but my questionis...is normal that autocad slow down with this path links with ip address?

The IP address could be some ones old real slow PC somewhere in the world, a bit dangerous from who has it. It is an unknown location. Knowing the IP you could download all the xrefs save local, before starting the dwg. You use FTP some how, talk to your IT. Ps dont post an IP address in full it can be found.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Thanks 1