Can anyone point me to a good MAC tutorial

yigoro8733

I am taking an intro to engineering graphics class with AutoCAD and before anyone shits on me I am a broke college student the Mac I have is from my mother and I have absolutely no way of using windows for this class. I am shit out of luck and I noticed pretty much everything the teacher says is completely different on Mac, can anyone possibly point me to a really good Mac tutorial so I don’t have to drop this class in agony.

I would simply do a search on the following... "AutoCAD for Mac"+"tutorial".  The result of the search should pull up videos as well as text based instructions.  Example: The Hitchhiker's Guide to AutoCAD for Mac".

Edited by ReMark

The basics should be the same like make a line, circle, pline etc. They are the important parts to learn, in case of a line the different ways the next point can be chosen. Because of the differences in the mouse functions the teacher may be taking advantage of that, like Shift+right click. Will be different on a Mac.

Did you get exercises to do ? The section here about Penn Foster classes may be able to help you understanding similar drafting tasks. If you get stuck ask here for help.

Another place to look is Kindle has Ebooks very cheap.

The suggestion by ReMark The Hitchhiker's Guide to AutoCAD for Mac looks good.  

Edited by BIGAL

How powerful is your MAC?

Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support

Windows can now be run for free. Legally from Microsoft, though, the full license is fairly reasonable IMO.

How to Get Windows 11 or Windows 10 for Free (or Under $20) | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

but there are drawbacks to using an unactivated copy of Windows, which we’ll talk about below. 

The first is that there’s an embarrassing (if someone is looking over your shoulder) watermark on the lower right corner of the screen, which says that you’re using a non-activated copy of Windows. 

The second drawback of using unactivated Windows 10 or 11 is that you can’t use personalization options such as changing the wallpaper, mouse pointer or desktop theme.

Way back in the old days when I was in college, they had free access to computers, I had to use them for doing Word like applications (WordStar, Electric Pencil, WordPerfect, probably some I can't recall) as well as some math related work, though I actually bit the bullet at some point and dropped a bundle (for me at any rate) for a CAD computer and a low cost CAD (at some point AutoCAD LT cheap at the bookstore, older and on clearance IIRC).

I think these days students can lease a laptop cheap as well.