Staircase, Beam or Lintel, Roller Shutter to Revit Architecture

nicolas

Hi,  

I am lookig for some tips on the following items to be able to complete this project.  I need to show a suspended beam and a column between the dining and kitchen and I want to know how to include those in Revit ARCHITECTURE.  In Autocad, I will use a rectangle with hidden linetype to represent a suspended beam or lintel to delimit the kitchen/dining and a rectangle 150x150 to represent a column. 

Given the tight space i need to add winders to the landing.  Here I created the staircase through creating two runs and the landing was created automatically. But I do not see any way to include missing 4 steps to it.  

Last I need a beam and a roller shutter to the garage.  

Thanks in advance for your advise and assitance. 

image.thumb.png.7a01ebefa1197b582a20293e4c00fc86.pngxcfimage.thumb.png.f32693511fbf97eafaa8782dfa6dfdf6.pngimage.thumb.png.ca16b994658c9cb092daf6f664779a32.png

In the view where you want to show the beam or lintel as hidden line,

Look into your properties panel.

image.png.f19b5c75fd39b4d12a351e5d5eab8dab.png

In the Range : Base Level, Select your current level. For the Range Top Level, select the level where the beam resides. Make sure Look Up is selected in the "Underlay Orientation".

When the beam shows up in your plan, go to Annotate Tab and pick Detail Line.

image.png.51b1c4c4e90d6ed591cb5cd1fae174bc.png

Use pick lines (Yellow Circle) and select your Line Style (red circle) select <Overhead> or hidden line. and pick your beam. Make sure to lock the line with the beam so that when the beam changes, the line follows 

image.png.e8688552a8f2a8520d43651861a6b8f9.png

Once done, go back to the Properties > Underlay and select None for both Range :Base Level and Range : Top Level

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...