Graphics card crashing

sketch11

I'm using a new laptop but the graphics card keeps crashing, at least that's what I think is happening, the 2 external monitor screens go blank for 15 seconds then can't seem to use AutoCAD and have to force shutdown from Task Manager. Other programs such as Excel and Navisworks Freedom (3D viewer) also need to be closed and restarted.

It often happens when using Edit Block in-place.

Using 2D mode only (no 3D).

Older laptop had lesser specs and even though AutoCAD was running slow, it crashed much less often.

Apart from newer laptop, no other changes.

Graphics card used is: NVIDIA RTX A500 Laptop GPU, 3.9GB

I am running a Nvidia geoforce GTX no problems, I have though set up when running cad make the used graphics card be Nvidia when running Acad or Bricscad not say Internal Intel. Trying to remember where it is to set. You can turn off graphics acceleration sometimes that is a problem. Another how much ram do you have, want 16gb to work properly.

What processor Intel or AMD ?

• Thanks 1