JP

JP1

Hi all! 

Can anyone help with this please?? How do i cutout any shape from a 3dface? I want to have the 3dface still visible but with the exact shape cutout of it, totally stuck, newbie!!

Can you provide some screenshots so we can see what you're trying to do?

You might be able to convert the model to a Solid using the CONVTOSOLID command or the SURFSCULPT command. Then you could SUBTRACT the shape cutout from the solid model. This isn't always possible though and my attempts at converting meshes to solids has been hit or miss.

Another option would be to use Blender to cut out the shape in the face, then export and import back into Autocad if that's where you need to be working.

FYI: I have moved your question to the 3D Modeling section: https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forum/14-autocad-3d-modelling-amp-rendering/

20231102_124036.thumb.jpg.f71a28bbfca5d1848d7900dc13ef5bb5.jpgHey Cad64, cheers for replying so quickly!

I will attempt to attach a screenshot, bare with me! 

I am getting back into CAD again and am familiarising myself again with the program so decided to draw a basic 3D house using any tools I could encounter. I have the side on shot of the house and was attempting to cut out a window shape with a curved top out from the 3dface triangle I did for the roof side section. I looked at a youtube video but they only advised on cutting a shape out of a solid, as my 3dface is not a solid, it didn't work?? 

I would recommend starting over and create the house with solids. This will allow you to easily cut out doors and windows.

Take a look at some Youtube videos on solid modeling to get familiar with the commands and workflow. I have a solid modeling tutorial on my channel that might be helpful.

This is for normal lines etc its a simple trick to give illusion of see through if you look at image can see that walls have been removed.

image.png.ab0c8ced8981e4b1ab5acbd0352a41ff.png

For the sort of shape you are talking about with curves then 3d solids would be easiest then add frames once hole is cut in say roof shape. You can use 3dfaces to mimic a thin solid or the other way is to use PFACE allows more points in a face.

Yes the software making image has roofs also.