Diameter dimension only shows a line connecting circle center to its side instead of a line crossing the entire circle

Gascon

Hello everyone,

I have started using Auto CAD for the first time ever today. I am trying to draw something. I am trying to create a diameter dimension for a circle. However, instead of creating a line that crosses the entire circle to signify diameter, my AutoCAD only creates half a line. This can be confusing for the person who will make my design as they might think that the radius of the circle is for example 3 instead of the diameter being 3. I have attached a screenshot. If you can advise how to fix this I would appreciate it.

what happens.png

what should happen.png

1 hour ago, BIGAL said:

Check your dimstyle, make sure the left and right extensions  are ticked on. What does a Horizontal dim look like ?

I checked and they're on. If I use a diameter dim it will only draw half a line no matter where in the circle or at which direction I put it. I tried and could draw a full diameter line using aligned dim. 

Type Diameter Dimension tool measures the diameter of an arc or circle.  To create a Diameter dimension, click object 1 (i.e. - the circle) then click point 2 (on outside of circle) to create the dimension line.

DimDia.png

• Like 1

You'll need to set that up in your Dimension Style.  Check through the FIT category.

See the "Draw dim line between ext lines" (DIMTOFL sysvar) and check it, test some of the other options as well.

• Like 1

Maybe something like this if want on an angle then can add a rotation. CDIM45 or C45 ?

(defun c:cdim ( / ent oldsnap entg rad cpt pt1 pt2)
(setq ent (entsel "\nPick a circle"))
(setq oldsnap (getvar 'osmode))
(setvar 'osmode 0)
(setq entg (entget (car ent)))
(setq rad (cdr (assoc 40 entg)))
(setq cpt (cdr (assoc 10 entg)))
(setq pt1 (mapcar '+ cpt (list rad 0.0 0.0)))
(setq pt2 (mapcar '+ cpt (list (- rad) 0 0.0)))
(command "dimaligned" pt1 pt2 cpt ""))
(setvar 'osmode oldsnap)
(princ)
)

Edited by BIGAL