Exclude zoom and pan from undo

Addison

Is there any way to exclude zoom, pan, and other view commands from the undo list?

I often make a change, quickly zoom or pan to get the big picture of how the change looks, then zoom back in to the element I changed. If I want to undo the change, I hit Ctrl+z. Annoyingly, I have to undo through the view commands first before undoing the drawing change.

I'm not looking for suggestions on how to change my workflow or explanations of why it's useful to include the view commands in the undo list.

Thanks!

As far as I know, you can't exclude them. I understand the annoyance though and people have been complaining about it for years, but it's just the way Autocad works.

The best you can do is open your Options and make sure you have "Combine Zoom and Pan Commands" checked. This will combine consecutive zoom and pan operations into one Undo instead of several.

Options.jpg

• Like 1