UCS rotating on me automatically

ChrisCMU

I've never seen this before (i have AutoCAD Map 3D 2009) in previous versions...

I get my UCS set where I want it and I'm going to draw a polyline (along the X,Y plane in that UCS I set up). When I click the start point it rotates my UCS along the X plane and I can no longer draw the arc in the correct plane. Why is it rotating my UCS on me automatically?

I can't draw the line I need when it does that.

EDIT- Never mind, I think I got it working now. sorry.

Nope, it still won't work. The ucs stayed put but it's forcing me to draw on the XZ plane (which makes no sense).

I'm trying to draw a hose from a pump to a basin. I attached a screen shot that I hope helps. I'm trying to draw it from where I have the UCS icon now in that XY plane over to the basin.

3d_problem.JPG

Yes, this is a tricky one. Once again the forum comes to the rescue. But let me add that the DUCS button may or may not be present on your toolbar. This all depends on how your ACAD environment is setup.

So I looked up Dynamic UCS in the help screen and found out CTRL+D is the hot key to toggle this on and off. What a surprise, CTRL+D is also one of the hot keys I use when running Putty.exe to do remote sessions with my Unix servers back home. Somehow the CTRL+D keystroke must have spilled over into ACAD because this wasn't turned on in the morning when I started but later in the afternoon it was. That's why it was so difficult to understand what happened. The other so-called CAD experts in the department only looked at me with "deer-in-the-headlights" gaze when I asked them about this. No one at this place had the slightest clue about DUCS.

Anyway, another problem is put to rest thanks again to this wonderful forum.

No one at this place had the slightest clue about DUCS.

Been around for 3 years - you might suggest they read the tutorials in my signature.