Tree

William Pegg

If your goal is to have an AutoCAD 2D line drawing of a tree then I woud start by doing a google search for "tree, line drawing" and then insert the chosen image into AutCAD and trace over it with polyles.

What type of drawing are you doing?  Would it happen to be an elevation view of a building (ex. - house) where you want to add some background?  It is entirely possible someone, somewhere has drawn a tree and uploaded it as a block on a CAD blocks website.

Edited by ReMark

12 hours ago, ReMark said:

Are you referring to a tree symbol or an actual tree?

It's for the Oleson Village project at Penn Foster. It says to draw a tree 15 feet in diameter. It has no further instructions.

13 hours ago, ReMark said:

Are you referring to a tree symbol or an actual tree?

Not sure, but the drawing that is displayed for what it's supposed to look like. The trees are represented by green circles. This is the Oleson Village project at Penn Foster.

The student is required to create his/her own tree symbol.  It can be something as simple as a circle with a point at its' center or you can get creative.  Somewhere amongst all these posts (in this thread) is one by me that includes a sample tree symbol.  Find the post, download the symbol then insert it into your drawing.  Or... download the drawing BIGAL posted above and select one of his tree symbols (plan view; not elevation).

Edited by ReMark

14 hours ago, William Pegg said:

It's for the Oleson Village project at Penn Foster. It says to draw a tree 15 feet in diameter. It has no further instructions.

I beg to differ with your response.  The following is taken directly from the Oleson Village project instructions. 

-Create the TREE block on Layer 0. Draw it in any way you choose, as long as the extents of the tree are 15 feet in diameter and the center of the tree is left open. At the exact center of the tree, place a point. If you want to see the point better, you can change its mode and size using the DDTYPE dialog box or the PDMODE and PDSIZE commands.

-Use the WBLOCK command to save the tree entity, name the block TREE, and use the point you placed in the middle of the drawing as your insertion point. To pick that point with some precision, use the Node Osnap option.

The trees are blocks that have been made over time. They are a choice in a POP menu, I would look at  below image draw a circle then just turn snap off and zig zag a pline around the circle the big hint is make the circle 1 unit in diameter. Or just do a few circles.

image.png.47769fd20ad075b2564f48b6a4979e85.png

image.png.041900d3205b1ebb0bcd18fd96fa98e5.png

On 12/9/2023 at 8:51 AM, ReMark said:

I beg to differ with your response.  The following is taken directly from the Oleson Village project instructions. 

-Create the TREE block on Layer 0. Draw it in any way you choose, as long as the extents of the tree are 15 feet in diameter and the center of the tree is left open. At the exact center of the tree, place a point. If you want to see the point better, you can change its mode and size using the DDTYPE dialog box or the PDMODE and PDSIZE commands.

-Use the WBLOCK command to save the tree entity, name the block TREE, and use the point you placed in the middle of the drawing as your insertion point. To pick that point with some precision, use the Node Osnap option.

Have you even used AutoCad 2023? I know I do because it's apart of my curriculum. I typed DDTYPE into the command line and I get DDLTYPE and DDPTYPE, and I tried PDMODE and PDSIZE and they just want me to put in a number. I wait for your condescending reply.

Except for the first line, my reply was a direct quote from the instructions provided by Penn-Foster.  Each command is explained in the AutoCAD Help file.  Note too that both myself and BIGAL have posted tree blocks that can be downloaded and used.  The only way we could make it any easier for you would to be to do the project for you.  Sorry... that ain't going to happen.

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 1