Help - Draw polyline with arc

ardamilistr

Hi everyone. I need some help here for my homework. I'm not sure if AutoCAD can construct polyline automatically without specifying arc radius.

The height is fixed at 4875 mm. The upper straight line is 6500 mm. So far, I'm able to draw these two lines. I'm stuck at the two arcs and the remaining lines. The arcs radius or diameter are unknown. The angle at lower straight line (5450 mm) also unknown. Is anyone has any idea how to complete the drawing?

Please refer to the attachment.

Unknown_page-0001.jpg

It looks like they gave you the radii of the arcs. Typically, when an arc meets a line, they're tangent, so you've got the starting angle of both ends of the arc.

I would suggest you locate the center of each arc and draw a circle there. Then you can draw to the tangent points.

If you need more hints, tell us what you've tried that didn't work.

Edit: I lied, those are arc lengths. Without getting the radii, you have to guess at them. Unfortunately, this is how you have to do drafting sometimes.

Edited by CyberAngel

I think that this is a trick question. If you can draw those dimensions to look anything like the diagram, you have to be cheating!!

For one example, with the dimension of 1700 , the extension lines are perpendicular to the straight lines. But with the 775 dimension, the extension lines are not perpendicular to the straight lines and appear to be parallel. Perhaps there are different meanings for the upper half curve symbol in front of these two dimensions.