Keynote block insertion

crgonzo

I'm wondering if there's a method of inserting keynote symbols next to each keynote utilizing mtext formatting.  I'm trying to insert the first block then have the block copy to the remaining keynotes and updating sequentially until the end.  See the samples below.  Thanks a bunch.

Current set of notes without blocks:

image.thumb.png.bceb1c700b9b4567d9df2f42d4067456.png

Desired results below:

image.thumb.png.3d512c6154f09038c5a8417747c8c744.png

Ok easy 1st step ignore CAD, put your notes into Word and do the paragraph numbering, the advantage is that if you remove an item it will auto renumber, just copy and paste the Word text into mtext it should be what you want. The only thing is that I don't think you can have text in a circle. Mtext has paragraph numbering as an option also.

To find each line is difficult if its mtext, may need to explode add the circle text block, using the single line text insert point.

BIGAL,

Thanks for response.  I have tried both of those solutions.  Obviously, didn't like either one.  I created a routine to help but it still requires that I do extra button pushing and such.  Was looking for a clever way around that but have found it difficult to find that "special" point within mtext to attach to.  The initial block install is easy but the remainder requires I input the number of lines in each noted to implement the block insertion.  Works well but I'm always looking for something that works better.  Search continues...

I took a look at my notes and they have a prefix. G, D, C, S.

image.png.d302858a0294fcd3abed4900196b3fda.png

Exploding exposes the Gx 

(vlax-get obj 'textstring)
"G1. ALL WORKS TO BE CARRIED OUT IN ACCORDANCE

So could search for any GX GXX etc taking the insertion point of that line. So copy the mtext with say Zx to right explode look for the Zx and add your block left of explode text, copy all blocks back to the left a fixed amount erase dummy text all done.

So post a dwg with say notation with a prefix look at Word help. Use say Zx, use (substr txt 1 1) to look for a "Z"

I normally stick to for example:

1.     Some Text

2.    More Text

which AutoCAD will auto number of course (type in '1.' then tab and then the text in mtext, it should just do it

Also works with letters. Both these styles need the point '.' after the reference to work.

In checking just now my 2022 version will also do for example (1)     Some text

A1. for example doesn't work and to start with for example, 10,    I think I need to do 1 to 10, then delete 1 to 9. In the mtext editor you need to click on the 'allow' buttons in the bullets and lists button

Not sure how to do the text in a circle though, (1) is the closest I can get

I looked into this several years ago and went with manually drawing the circles.

It turns out you can insert a block into a table. You could theoretically insert a circle block with a numbering attribute in the first column and text in the second column. You might even be able to update the numbers in the blocks based on the row number. Clunky to set up but better than the alternative.