Drawing grid - coordinates differ when reverting back to UCS world

mickeforsberg

Hi,

I'm having some issues with the drawing grid, or perhaps I'm not understanding how it's supposed to work.

I have a floor plan with an angled wing to which I want to insert blocks with the same rotation/angle. I moved and rotated the UCS with the angled wall as reference and when I revert back to world, the grid is not in the same place as before.

So the blocks that I inserted on the grid before rotating the UCS, is now offset a bit from the grid.

Why doesn't the grid revert back to the same coordinates? I also had that issue when rotating the UCS if I didn't put it in the same spot as before.

What am I doing wrong and how should I be doing it instead?

Edited by mickeforsberg

If you use UCS OB and select a 2d line the UCS should align correctly and be what you want, if the origin point is wrong can reset the origin. UCS OR pick point.

7 hours ago, BIGAL said:

If you use UCS OB and select a 2d line the UCS should align correctly and be what you want, if the origin point is wrong can reset the origin. UCS OR pick point.

Aha! That works, thanks Al!