2d bench convert to 3d render for viewing

Sergio p

Hello 

I was wondering if someone could lead me into the correct direction on how I will go about designing this is AutoCAD 2023. My work I don’t need to learn 3d modeling but I’m trying to learn myself somehow but it has been challenging. 
usually I just design the 2d model and cut it out on the machine but would like to learn how to get this bench so I can show the customer what it would look like in a 3d perspective. Again software I’m using is AutoCAD 2023 this is a sample of on bench I would love to learn how to draw 

thanks 

sp

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0fbEmFbc6NRLuf_m8OYKBMPlw

Thanks for the reply but do I draw it in 2d or 3d first. Because when I draw it in 2d and change the view and use the press pull to get the correct length I’m stuck on adding the 45 corner pull. If that makes sense 

I think maybe you need to look into extrude path, and Rotate3d the latter allows you to say stand up objects that you have drawn in plan to say now being in the Z direction.

image.png.c150153e1ee76e5f2e8a6dfce36508ca.png

Using further solid options like SUBTRACT, UNION to build your shape. So stand your pline up move apart need 1 in X plane 1 in Y plane to get 90 corner. You probably dont need path, rather extrude a length, subtract a wedge from extruded shape then move the 2 solids to meet at mitre corner. Image has not had the wedges removed.

I am no expert on solids just play around the edges, making 2 separate parts seems the way to go. Made the subract shape wrong 1st go went back and did again.

image.png.79b8da75765a2658f003532658468283.png

Edited by BIGAL

20 hours ago, Sergio p said:

Thanks for the reply but do I draw it in 2d or 3d first. Because when I draw it in 2d and change the view and use the press pull to get the correct length I’m stuck on adding the 45 corner pull. If that makes sense 

You could draw the profile in 2D and include a path (using the polyline command) and extrude the profile along said path.  Yes, the profile would have to be rotated to a standing position before it could be extruded.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the great suggestions and drawings I’m I big visual learner and this make sense to me now I don’t have a lot of experience with 3d and would love to learn more thanks again I will practice with this method