AutoCAD fillet edges can't fillet all sides of my triangle

DainyBoi

Hello all, I have a CAD model that will be 3D printed as the body for a micro drone I'm creating, however, I can't figure out how to fillet the top edges like I want to, the bottom edges are already filleted. I will attach the model to this post, I have been repeatedly trying to fillet the edges, exploding and rejoining the object, and adjusting the fillet radius, but to no avail. Is it not possible with my model for whatever reason? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Design

I think there's something wrong with the way you created the object. It looks like you drew an outline using a bunch of short line segments and then extruded it to create the solid, and for some reason, Autocad doesn't like it.

I created a new polyline shape using just a few lines and arcs, extruded it, and I can fillet the edges with no problem.

Take a look at the attached file. It contains the polyline shape that I created and the extruded solid with edge fillets. Mine isn't exactly the same size and shape as yours, so I would suggest recreating your solid at the correct size, but do it the way I did it with lines and arcs instead a bunch of line segments.

New File.dwg

On 1/20/2024 at 1:45 PM, Cad64 said:

I think there's something wrong with the way you created the object. It looks like you drew an outline using a bunch of short line segments and then extruded it to create the solid, and for some reason, Autocad doesn't like it.

I created a new polyline shape using just a few lines and arcs, extruded it, and I can fillet the edges with no problem.

Take a look at the attached file. It contains the polyline shape that I created and the extruded solid with edge fillets. Mine isn't exactly the same size and shape as yours, so I would suggest recreating your solid at the correct size, but do it the way I did it with lines and arcs instead a bunch of line segments.

New File.dwg 212.9 kB · 1 download

I tried what you suggested, and remade the object as per your instructions, but for some odd reason, mine still won't fillet and still comes up with the same error as it had prior. Is there something wrong with my AutoCAD for some reason?

afterfilletteardroptricopter#1.dwg

Hi all, I have created a drone body that is a reuleaux triangle, I can't figure out how to filet all the sides, I must fillet all 3 sides/arcs, but it won't let me fillet, I keep getting an error when trying to fillet more than one. How do I bypass this and get rounded sides? I need it to be rounded for aerodynamics. Thank you!

tricopterrealuxtriangledwg.dwg

2 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Please do not create new threads on the same problem. I have merged your threads.

Oh, I'm sorry. It was a different shape since I figured out how to fillet the teardrop shape I had, so I thought it would be in a different thread.

Still a related question "fillet a 3D solid", one thread lets people see what you have done so far.

You never replied you solved the first one, many would believe it is unsolved.

No worries, we are here to help and related questions in the same thread help you get better responses.

I should have time tomorrow to look at your model if nothing else comes along.

No problem with one of them, the other I got to work some what.

Maybe an issue with the way it is constructed, seems like a build issue. One of the corners has extra lines. See image.

Sometimes, if you vary the order selected it will work anyway.

Maybe let me know the radius and highlight the edges that are troublesome.

3D Fillet issue.png