Can't install AutoCAD .NET Wizard for AutoCAD 2021 because VS 2019 not installed

jbhtse

Hello!

Beginner here, so bear with me. I have Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2022 installed. I've managed to install the SKDs I need, but have trouble with installing the correct version of AutoCAD .NET Wizard. We are using AutoCAD/Civil 3D 2021 in my company, so I assume I need to install the 2021 version of the wizard. Since my company has IT policies that prohibit me from installing msi files I had an IT-support help me install what I thought was the correct file: the msi file in this zip file AutoCAD_2021_dotnet_wizards.zip, that I downloaded from here: https://aps.autodesk.com/developer/overview/autocad . But when installing that msi it complains that I need to have Visual studio version 2019 installed, so the installation fails. We managed to install the 2024 Wizard, so when creating a new template in Visual Studio I can create a project from the AutoCAD 2024 template. But I assume that template will not work well when coding scripts for AutoCAD/Civil 3D 2021?

What am I doing wrong here? Having an IT-guy install an msi file for me is a hazzle, so I want to be sure I ask him to install the correct file next time.

Are there any workarounds? Can I place a template file for 2021 in a folder so Visual studio thinks I have installed the correct msi?

Using the 2024 wizard should work fine, the modules should load just fine in 2021, that will change in 2025.

Also, you can create your own templates once you get up to speed

• Like 1

The only disadvantage with .net is as suggested about every 5 years have to recompile, I am using lisp from the 80's. Yes more powerful but lose your programmer what then ?

Okay then I will just continue to use the 2024 version, thanks for letting me know it works!