invisible attribute to be written as self updating text

kns

Dear All,

can any one help me with the following issue. i have lot of block with attributes (3 attributes in all blocks). Out of 3 attributes, one of the attribute label value to be made visible in drawing.if i make the attribute value visible, later on if i have to do any attsync, the arranged arrtributes  labes will be misplaced and again i have to rearrange the attribute label. So  i am planning to write this as a normal text that is self updating with the attribute lable value. Can u help me with any lisp routine or anything that will help me in this regard.

Thanking u in advance

Not 100% sure what your saying, but maybe this will help. keep all attributes visible but on different layers. freeze or turn off the layers of the attributes you don't want to see.

be better to attach a sample drawing of what your talking about.

Like Mhupp why are you using Attsync ? Are you inserting the block as a external dwg and replacing an existing one. Set up a DWT with the blocks all set correct, you can always remove/purge unused blocks.

5 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Like Mhupp why are you using Attsync ? Are you inserting the block as a external dwg and replacing an existing one. Set up a DWT with the blocks all set correct, you can always remove/purge unused blocks.

hi,

Already Prepared a dwt with the blocks all set correct. Any instructions later from client to modify any of the attributes will be a problem, as i have to synchronize the attribute block.i am replacing the old block with the block prepared in the dwt. not inserting the block as external drawing.

Regards,

Manoj

7 hours ago, mhupp said:

Not 100% sure what your saying, but maybe this will help. keep all attributes visible but on different layers. freeze or turn off the layers of the attributes you don't want to see.

be better to attach a sample drawing of what your talking about.

hi,

Even though i am keeping all the attributes visible and arranged the attribute label in the drawing any addition or deletion in any of the attributes, i have to run the attsyn command and in that event all the attribute label arranged neately will taken the location as per the location defined in the block,then agian i have to re arrange the attribute label.If i am using a self updating text instead of an attribute and keeping the all attribute invisible then i can easily run the attsync command.

Thank u