How to make a viewport show up through image in paper space

chelsea.graham

I was asked by a jurisdiction to plot the plans on top of the existing approved plans. I need the new linework to show up on top of the existing. sheet. The only way possibility I have figured out is to change the transparency of the sheet, but then it plots incredibly light and barely shows up. Screenshot added. Can anyone help?

image.png.99bc35482921faf9c7fdc5d1bde00fe6.png

You can have 2 mviews on top of each other, bit odd request we always drew Design in Model over the top of existing, good layer control helps. The existing was grey and design black or color. Matches your image.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

One option is to xref both drawings into a third, plotting only, drawing. You can then control the layer states, transparency, and draw order of both without affecting the originals.

A similar option is to create two viewports, one for each plan. You can change the transparency of the layer your xref is on, and the viewport will inherit it. You still have the option to change layer states and draw order.

2 hours ago, Bob658 said:

Can you not just use DRAWORDER to send the image to the back?

No way to tell. OP didn't specify whether the plan is a drawing, an xref, an image, a PDF, or something else. They should all behave the same way, but they don't, especially when you send them through a viewport.