AutoCAD how to smooth edges and make shape more refined and coherent?

DainyBoi

Hello all, I have a drone model (attached), and I'd like to know if there's any I can make the model smoother besides remaking the whole thing and drawing over it. I can do that if necessary, but if there's any way to avoid having to redo the whole thing, id like to give it a shot. Thank you for your help!

ImageToStl.com_jmt-hollow-cup-rack-brushed-mini-drone-frame-kit-100mm-wheelbase-carbon-fiber-for-indoor-fpv (1).dwg

Why is it all jagged? When I opened the file Autocad warned me that the drawing was saved in an application that was not developed by Autodesk. Did you use some type of image to dwg program to generate the outline? My only suggestion would be to redraw it. It shouldn't be that difficult since you have the basic outline to follow. And you only need to draw half of it and then mirror across to the other side.

Rather horrible dwg, maybe try INKSCAPE to convert the image to a dwg. The critical aspect is the location of the holes, which don't look much like circles.

Edited by BIGAL

3 hours ago, Cad64 said:

Why is it all jagged? When I opened the file Autocad warned me that the drawing was saved in an application that was not developed by Autodesk. Did you use some type of image to dwg program to generate the outline? My only suggestion would be to redraw it. It shouldn't be that difficult since you have the basic outline to follow. And you only need to draw half of it and then mirror across to the other side.

So i drew over it and made it smooth, but now it wont extrude, and keeps giving me an error. What do I do?

carbonfiberframe.dwg

1 hour ago, DainyBoi said:

So i drew over it and made it smooth, but now it wont extrude, and keeps giving me an error. What do I do?

Instead of using Extrude, use the PRESSPULL command.

• Like 1