Text properties

ElAmigo

Hi,

I'm trying to write a program that changes the text properties of everything selected in a certain layer.

I wrote a LISP program that takes everything from layer X and puts it in layer Y. These are all rotated dimensions.

After it gets to layer Y, I have to change the Text color from ByLayer to Yellow. But I can't find out if this is possible.

I hope someone can help me.

@ElAmigo this is fairly easy and doesn't necessarily require a LISP routine unless you are trying to incorporate it into you existing routine. If that is the case:

(setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "DIMENSION")(8 . "LayerY"))))
(command "._dimoverride" "DIMCLRT" 2 "" ss "");<--Overrides the dimension text color to make it yellow.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pkenewell said:

@ElAmigo this is fairly easy and doesn't necessarily require a LISP routine unless you are trying to incorporate it into you existing routine. If that is the case:

(setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "DIMENSION")(8 . "LayerY"))))
(command "._dimoverride" "DIMCLRT" 2 "" ss "");<--Overrides the dimension text color to make it yellow.

Thank you very much! I am new to this and trying to learn LISP and AutoCAD at the same time. Could you perhaps also help me change the text style from X to Y ?

20 minutes ago, ElAmigo said:

Could you perhaps also help me change the text style from X to Y ?

(command "._dimoverride" "DIMTXSTY" "StyleY" "" ss "")
;; You can also incorporate both into the same command string:
(command "._dimoverride" "DIMCLRT" 2 "DIMTXSTY" "StyleY" "" ss "")

NOTE: This does not update the dimension style, only overrides the selected dimensions from the defaults for that dimension style.

Edited by pkenewell

@pkenewell Though this might sound silly (and to my knowledge), I haven't found a method in which you use a script or macro to select all objects in a layer devoid of AutoLISP. And QSELECT uses a GUI to prompt the user, so it's impossible to use that in a macro or script. Perhaps someone can correct me on this.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jonathan Handojo said:

@pkenewell Though this might sound silly (and to my knowledge), I haven't found a method in which you use a script or macro to select all objects in a layer devoid of AutoLISP. And QSELECT uses a GUI to prompt the user, so it's impossible to use that in a macro or script. Perhaps someone can correct me on this.

You are correct in the case of a script or macro. I meant just manually in the drawing. I had actually intended to add that, but was thinking "he is wanting to incorporate it into his existing routine" so I ended up not mentioning it. Thanks for the clarification. 😃

Edited by pkenewell