Installation issue

mknabster

Hey guys, i'm having a problem installing the version of Solidworks that i have. I have 2009 Premium, trying to install on XP Pro SP2. It seems that each time i try to install it, i get an error after it asks for a license file. It starts to install, but then it says the installation was interrupted, and to try again later. Now i have had this problem in the past before, and have been able to get it in the past, but i did a recent wipe of my system, and am trying to put it back on. Can anyone give me any ideas to what could be wrong?

what type of license do you have? stand alone or is it web based? When it gives you this error, has it already prompted you for your license? I know with certain license types you need to "undock" it from one machine before using it on another. Was this copy of SW on this same comp before the wipe?

I personally am not sure what type of license i have. When the license window comes up, my friend who gave it to me told me to not put one in, just to ignore the message it gives and go on. And yes, i was able to install it before on the same machine. Before, i was told to install dot Net 3.0 and the C++ redistributable before i install Solidworks, and last time it did work. Now for some reason, it's not. I just did a Windows update, and for some reason, the dot Net installation failed, but i found out that a lot of people are having the same failing issues with that update.

You can't run any piece of software without a license code. Is this a legal version of the program? Did your friend purchase it or did he just download it from the internet? If he purchased it, then he should have given you the license code.

agreed. SW tech support is pretty good and if you have a legal copy they can tell you exactly whats wrong. If not, you are in the wrong place for help, sorry.

I was given a license code. I'm not really sure where he gets this stuff from, but he told me that he had an extra license so he gave it to me. So sorry if this isn't the right place, i was just curious if you anyone knew, or if anyone had the same problem.

Im currently running windows xp SP3.0 and didint have any issues with SW08 or SW09 install. Ive just been dealing with SolidCam tech support and they said SP3.0 was fine, but sorry i dont know about 2.0.

what i mean by the previous statement was if it was pirated software, we will not help you out. If its legitamate software that was purchased we have no problems trying to help out but this site will not affiliate with any pirated software.

The only thing i can really suggest is installing the new service pack and seeing if that helps, but this really isnt my department, sorry

It's alright, don't worry about, i know what you mean about the pirated software thing. I'll give SP3 a shot, even though my drivers don't support SP3 yet. If you're wondering why, it's because i have a MacBook Pro, and they advise not to install Sp3 on their machines. But i'll give it a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, i just wanted to tell you that i was able to get it installed, i had to re-wipe it again, because i had problems with other programs going in as well. So we're all good now.