Palettes

njmike

OK this is getting ridiculous, I have created the palettes on my machine. copied the directory to a network drive, changes the location in the options menu and when I go to another machine all it says is new palette. When I look on my machine it is pointing to the c drive. It;s like I didn't even change anything. I still have the palettes I want on my machine but cannot get them to go across the network.

Go to the Network Directory where you saved the ToolPalette folder. Go into the directory. There should be a folder named "Palettes", go into it. Now there would be *.ATC files (should have a white icon, and each one represents a Tool Palette). Now, have the Tool Palettes open in AutoCAD, and drag/drop these *.ATC files into the Palette window one at a time. This should load them up. When they do, close and restart AutoCAD so it sticks. Make sure the path is corrent in the Options menu.

See if that works for ya. :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tzframpton

• njmike

• JohnM

• RichKuni

Top Posters In This Topic

OK that one worked. Question though when I update a block or create a new one will it automatically update.

After a restart of AutoCAD, yes. :)

EDIT** And this is why you want only YOU to have full read/write access, and everyone else to have read only. That way they can't screw anything up with the blocks, commands, or the entire Palettes themselves.

oh and glad it finally worked. Sometimes AutoCAD can get stubborn. :)

One last thing just went into my machine and I have nothing but white boxes after it has been working for the last two days. what the...........

One last thing just went into my machine and I have nothing but white boxes after it has been working for the last two days. what the...........

use the same method as above. All computers now act the same since its networked. You need to set up your computer exactly how you set up your co-worker's computer.