Typing BREAKLINE at command line opens BLOCKS dialogue box.

Croweyes1121

When I type BREAKLINE at the command line, I get this dialogue box and need to close it.

The strange thing is, this only happens the first time I type BREAKLINE every day.  Every subsequent time I use the command, this box does NOT appear.  Any reason this is happening?

Capture.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

My guess is that AutoCAD is autocompleting your command before you can finish typing. It's quite frustrating. Once it "learns" what you want, it stops finishing certain commands, so you get the result you want.

You can adjust the Input Settings by clicking the Customize button on the command window.

Nope.  The crazy thing is, it still lets me chose endpoints and a center point for the breakline even after it opens the blocks dialogue.  It knows what I entered.  I’ve gotten to the point that I’m just typing it first thing when I open the program and closing the box, because it only does it on first use.  It’s bizarre.

What does your commandline history show?

That is the Blocks Palette, BLOCKSPALETTE is the command, for what it's worth.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SLW210 said:

What does your commandline history show?

That is the Blocks Palette, BLOCKSPALETTE is the command, for what it's worth.

This is all it says on the command line:

Command: BREAKLINE
Initializing...
Block= BRKLINE.DWG, Size= 1/16", Extension= 1/16"

It says this same thing the second time I type the command, but it does not open the blocks palette.  Only the first time.

Edited by Croweyes1121

Command: BREAKLINE

Initializing...
Block= BRKLINE.DWG, Size= 1/2", Extension= 3/16"
Specify first point for breakline or [Block/Size/Extension]:

That is correct, but obviously you have something else going on. You are calling for a block (BRKLINE.DWG) so that's why it's opening the Block Palette, though I never heard of the palette opening on that command before.

What version of AutoCAD are you using? 

BREAKLINE is an Express Tool, has it somehow been modified?

Maybe see if this helps...How to restore the classic Insert command in AutoCAD 2020 and later (autodesk.com)

Posted (edited)

1. I’m using 2022.

1. I haven’t modified anything to my knowledge.

2. It DOES happen in a fresh drawing, but only the first time I use the command.

3. brkline.dwg has an asterisk in front of it in the blocks pallette and is located in C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2022\Express

And no, I don’t think that ribbon modification won’t help me.  I’m strictly a command line operator.

Edited by Croweyes1121