Crosshair snaps to nodes when hovered

vanowm

How can I disable crosshair snapping to visible nodes when simply moving close to it?

2024-03-16-20-05-53.gif.a37fc5464e41bcc6d208bea7abbbe027.gif

It's not snap to grid or osnap (both disabled)

I found it more annoying than useful.

Thank you.

Edited by vanowm

I don't want remove grips; I want to get rid of "magnet" that restricts movements of the crosshair.

It's disabled, I've tried disable everything that has "magnet" in the settings too.

This feature bothers me when I'm trying fine tune a spline (tracing an image), when I constantly have to zoom in and out to avoid it, loosing perspective how much a node has moved and how whole spline looks like.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:25 AM, vanowm said:

I don't want remove grips; I want to get rid of "magnet" that restricts movements of the crosshair.

Why do you think they're called 'grips'? That's the only reason they exist! Handy way to modify objects!

You can set the "Object selection limit for display of grips" to a lower number so you don't see as many in OPTIONS [Selection] tab.

Since Grips were introduced, the graphics cursor snaps to any grip over which it is moved. What you are seeing is absolutely normal, but you seem to be the only one bothered enough to post.

To minimize the effect of this snapping, have you tried to reduce the size of the grips?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, gripsize seems to affect the distance at which cursor is being pulled.

There is a magnet setting:

it has no affect whether it's on or off

Edited by vanowm