Layout Tab Sizes

Bill Tillman

I go to the layout Tab and right+click and then chose Page Setup Manager. I select Modify and the set the paper size to Letter (8.5 x 11). When the paper space appears I see the white background area and assume that is the 8-1/2"x11" area I'll be working with. But the actual dimension of it are 16-1/2" horizontal and 12-1/2" vertical. I thought by setting the paper size the white area would be 8-1/2"x11" ???Must be something I'm not catching on to here?

UPDATE: Found it in the scale settings. The previous user of this system has lot of custom settings which they are are not aware of thus they cannot relay it to me. 

Edited by Bill Tillman

Not sure if this helps but do plot set all tha correct parameters then do save plot and apply to layout then cancel it should now resize all the white and black areas of a layout. Dont forget 8.5x11 will not plot to that size its I guess 8x10.5

We always worked with title blocks at 1=1 scale ie true size so if you have 16.5x12.5 who knows what is going on.

Good templates fix most AutoCAD issues. Setting up and outputting layouts and drawings shouldn't require more than a few percent of you time.

From a drop-down I can import any of the layouts along with Page Setups for outputting to both to paper and to PDF with one click.

I can't get through a day without using code from Lee Mac, thanks Lee!

Also you can just use "Layout Copy Template dwgname layoutname" to get a preset layout from another dwg that you have, done using a lisp.

Edited by BIGAL