Automatically update attribute tag of Different blocks.

filapost

I use this program "AutoLabelAttributesV1-4.lsp from " Lee Mac " , to automatically update attribute tag within a set of attributed blocks.

How can i modify this program to support different block names "KAT_SVL_OMBR*" and "KAT_SVL_APOX*" and to assign different prefixes for each block.

This prefixe "OM" for block names "KAT_SVL_OMBR*"  and  This prefixe "AP" for block names "KAT_SVL_APOX*". 

For me I write custom attribute updates, I am sure though that Lee's code is great but could be made to accept say a list of block names etc a lot of work and may ruin a good program.

You could have a lisp with multiple block names and tags inside just call the correct list. Another way is read from Excel or a text file the information. That way 1 program does all similar to Lee's. Looking for blocks and attributes is not that hard to code.

Maybe explain more and supply a dwg.

Edited by BIGAL