Get actually dimension, not visible dimension.

Strydaris

Hey everyone,

I have been looking into creating a LISP for dimension checking for my office.

One of the main issues we have is overlapping dimensions as well as incorrect rounding issues from time to time.

For the overlapping dimensions I have used Lee Mac's Dim Overlap before, but it seems it doesnt work on ACAD 2024 LT for some reason.

ANYWAYS I also wanted to create a Dimension adding Lisp that would show all the selected dimensions at the end.

The idea behind this is due to some rounding issues where things dont match the overall dimension.

We typically have our precision set to 1/16" for the dwg, but our dimension primary units is set to 1/2"

What happens is that if we have, lets say 8 dimensions that are all 1' - 0 1/8", they will all round to just 1'-0", but the overall length of that string is really showing as 8'-1".

All the info I have found on this forum and others is for adding the dimensions shown(rounded), not the actually dimension itself.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

LT is limited in its LISP functions at the moment, so not all LISPs will work. I suspect that Dim Overlap, developed for full AutoCAD will contain some commands that are not supported by LT.

If you look at (entget (car (entsel "Select Dimension"))), the dotted pair that is returned number 42 is the measured dimension - as a decimal I think (I use decimal by default)

Use (cdr (assoc 42 ....)) to get this value.

Then all you need to do is decide how to select all the dimensions, a loop and (entsel) or a selection set, adding up each as you go along

3 hours ago, Strydaris said:

For the overlapping dimensions I have used Lee Mac's Dim Overlap before, but it seems it doesnt work on ACAD 2024 LT for some reason.

Out of curiosity, do you receive an error message in LT?

15 minutes ago, Lee Mac said:

Out of curiosity, do you receive an error message in LT?

HI Lee, 

No, no errors which I though was weird. 

When running on LT it looks like it runs then says no overlap found. I found it odd because I knew there was a couple overlaps in the drawing. I checked out your website and replicated what you had in the video and reduced the tolerance to 0.1 imperial drawing.