AutoCAD "Re-purposed" license?

djastv

Hi,

I recently bought a copy of ACAD 2024, from a site saying they sold "recycled" licenses. I installed it, but it says "Student" when opening the "manage license" window.

I remember having a student copy when I was actually a student, and it printed text around the border saying it had been created or modified with an educational licensed version. However, I can't see this when I create or edit existing drawings. I can't see anything whatsoever suggesting it's been made with an educational version, and neither can a colleague of mine who is opening my drawings.

I contacted the seller and they insisted it's just the way the software behaves, and that it's absolutely fine for professional usage. They claim to have a license agreement with Autodesk that allows them to sell these licenses.

Is there any other way of finding out whether my copy of CAD is in somebody embedding "watermarks" stating my drawings have been made with an educational version? I've attached a very simple drawing to this post as an example, if anybody can please let me know if the file is reporting anything whatsoever about educational licenses it would be appreciated.

I do use ACAD for commercial purposes, I cannot risk embedding educational watermarks over my clients drawings.

thanks in advance

test.dwg

Sounds like you got ripped off. Should have bought Bricscad or one of the other Cad programs.

Provide the seller's details to Autodesk they like to chase people offering this type of proposal.

You must be a student to use the educational version and it has an expiry date.