Using the API to sign in to AutoCAD Electrical

bigr1822

All,

As we all know, today, Autodesk doesn't use License Managers with there newer software, its online.  So after you get the software installed, as an example, lets say we are using AutoCAD Electrical, launch it, it asks you to sign in.  You have to put in your email and password.  After a successful login, it lets you use the software for about 30 days, then makes you sign in again.

I asked our reseller to speak with Autodesk to find out if its ok to use the API to sign in, and got confirmation that its ok.  Has anyone ever done something like this?  I am building an application that launches Electrical, opens a file and save a PDF to a network location.  Having to sign in every 30 days, stops my application from working.

Any help in this matter would be great.  Thanks in advance!

Rod

SignIn.PNG

It should not lose the connection, we never signed in after the install. It sounds like a non connection is happening, when you open ACAD it pings a server and checks you do not see it. 

I would go back to the dealer for help. It may involve also your IT department giving permission for Autodesk server to be pinged.

• Like 1