Wrong text font

ElAmigo

Hello friends,

I have the following code which sets all textstyles of all text and mtext in the model to Company:

(defun c:ChangeAllTextStyles (/ ss obj entData)
  (setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "TEXT,MTEXT"))))                                       ;; Select all TEXT and MTEXT objects in the drawing
  (if ss                                                                            ;; If text objects are found
    (progn
      (repeat (sslength ss)                                                        ;; Iterate through each object in the selection set
        (setq obj (ssname ss 0))                                                   ;; Get the object
        (setq entData (entget obj))                                                ;; Get the entity data
        (setq entData (subst (cons 7 "Company") (assoc 7 entData) entData))         ;; Change the text style to "Company"
        (entmod entData)                                                           ;; Apply the modification
        (ssdel obj ss)                                                             ;; Remove the object from the selection set
      )
      (princ "\nAll text styles have been updated to 'Company'.")
    )
    (princ "\nNo text objects found.")
  )
  (princ)                                                                          ;; Clean up the screen upon completion
)

However, some text doesnt get the right font. When I click on it the text contents start with: \fArial|b0|i0; and then the actual text content.

It gets removed when I change the text style manually but I couldn't get it fixed in my lisp. I hope someone can help.

Edited by ElAmigo

That is usually because the font was changed in the text editor rather than properties - you can use something like strip m text or look at Lee Mac to remove text formatting

58 minutes ago, Steven P said:

That is usually because the font was changed in the text editor rather than properties - you can use something like strip m text or look at Lee Mac to remove text formatting

Thank you! I did a quick google search and found this: https://cadabyss.wordpress.com/2010/01/04/stripmtext-v5-0/. The download on this site doesn't work. And then I found the reply by Devitg on this forum:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/stripmtext-v5-0-lisp-routine/td-p/2673838

Then I could apply the code with:

(defun c:striptest ( / ss)
  (setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "MTEXT"))))                                       ;; Select all TEXT and MTEXT objects in the drawing
  (if ss 
    (STRIPMTEXT ss "F") 
  )
)

• Like 1

Perfect!

Stripmtext is a handy little tool

Edited by Steven P