Update Titleblock in multiple Autocad files at once

JoshCTPS

Hi,

I am new in the lisp worId and I need to update the Titleblock in multiple Autocad files at once.

I found this lisp in this web https://www.lee-mac.com/updatetitleblock.html, which is great but it doesn't perfectly fit the way I work.

So my goal is to get this lisp to suit my needs.

I have more than 50 drawings where I need to update the title block.

Based on the attached documentation I would like to

- update 'Sample.csv' to suit the new revision;

- then open 'Sample01.dwg'

- run 'UpdateTitleblockV1-9.lsp'

- and automatically update all the dwg files at one.

Can you please kindly send the revise lisp to achieve this task?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Sample.zip

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, my title block has attributes. But I don't think the link you sent is what I am after.

This routine https://www.lee-mac.com/updatetitleblock.html is close to what I need. I just need to revise the existing script to be able to update several title block in different files at the same time by only running the routine in one file.

Is there anyone that can help me to revise this script to be able to update several title block in different files at the same time by only running the routine in one file?

At least point me in the right direction? I really need the help.

Thank you again :)

You can change the CSV file parameter on line 126 to target an existing file (to avoid the prompt to select a CSV file), and then either load the program at drawing startup or create a basic Script to open each drawing in a set, run the program, and then save & close the drawing.

• Like 1

As you want to say read a csv file and update dwg's based on dwg names in the file, it may be worthwhile using a custom program that suits your needs. Like Lee create a basic Script. Rather than csv it could be Excel that data is read from. A script is reasonably fast to do this task. 

The only hiccup may be that you may have to pay.

Whilst it sounds easy there is all sorts of problems with title block names and what attributes are to be changed, and going through correct layouts to update.

A quick comment I would google it has been asked before and many examples are out there. 

Before any more comments if the csv is made from an Excel, post an example of the Excel.

Edited by BIGAL