LISP to Batchplot (Publish) Multiple .dwg Models into One PDF

Whitt

I've been tasked with the objective of creating a LISP which will automatically batchplot (publish) all Models in a set of .dwg in a given folder to a single .pdf. The idea is that we will create a routine which will run this LISP once a week to keep the .pdf, which is used by non-CAD users, up to date.

I am new to LISP but as I've tried to plan this out, I've come up with the idea that I would create a temp .dsd file based on the .dwg filename containing a substring of characters (ex. KER) and load that .dsd into PUBLISH command. Each Model would be passed the same page setup.

Does this sound feasible? Does anyone have any experience doing something similar and can provide some examples?

I think it is possible, does Publish command do this?

It isn't anything I am asked for really and my take would be to PDF each drawing as and when you need to and then use some PDF software to combine the into the finished main PDF. There are plenty of example LISPs out there to PDF a drawing, and some batch scrips (Lee Mac and Scriptwritepro are the 2 most often quoted here... or you can make your own), combine the 2 should be easy enough. The scriptwriters generally have a save function so that you can recall previously saved scripts for ease

Like Steven I plot layouts to an individual pdf then use Ghostscript to rejoin them back into 1. For multiple dwg's 2 changes to code I make a list of pdfnames so that would instead be a file using Append. So multiple dwg's names can be added to 1 file. The other change is a script is needed as last step is use ghostscript to make the single pdf.

I have stayed away from publish but pretty sure there is an option about a single PDF as result. Others will comment.

The only question is what does the dwg's look like plotting Layouts or titles in model, vastly different in the way there approached.

Edited by BIGAL