Is there a way to simplify the "SSGET / SSNAME", perhaps with more modern commands?

duke

Hello people ! I am attaching a Routine that I made, quite "archaic", handmade, and I was wondering if there is a way to replace the SSGET / SSNAME with a more modern way of doing it?
Or is that the only way to change attributes to all the ENTITIES of a group of Entities?

In this Routine, I managed to exploit a block and all the elements within the block all have TRANSPARENCY 50 and the Routine sets their Transparency to "0"
The Lisp attached is the same Routine
As always, thank you very much in advance!!

I am just learning the Lisp Language, and my intention was not to ensure that the Routine that I made myself does not work, but what I want is to learn more advanced commands, if they exist.
Thank you !!

;@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@             EXPLOTAR BLOQUES OSCUROS Y QUITARLES LO OSCURO                @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
(defun C:XX ()
  (setq BLOQUE-A-EXPLOTAR-XX (entsel "\n Toca el BLOQUE a EXPLOTAR:  "))
  (command "EXPLODE" BLOQUE-A-EXPLOTAR-XX "") (setq OBJS-XX (ssget "P"))
  (setq SUMADOR-XX 0)
    (repeat (sslength OBJS-XX)
      (setq ENT-XX (ssname OBJS-XX SUMADOR-XX))
      (setq OBJ-TEMP (vlax-ename->vla-object ENT-XX) )
;@@@@@     Aqui saca el nombre de la LAYER de un Objeto
      (setq LAYER-OBJ-TEMP (vlax-get OBJ-TEMP 'Layer))
      (command "LAYER" "M" LAYER-OBJ-TEMP "TR" "0" "" "")
      (setq SUMADOR-XX (1+ SUMADOR-XX))
    )
)

XX para el FORO.lsp

Edited by duke

It all depends what you are ultimately wanting to do. In this example, it works, what is the problem? If it is a speed issue, that would only really become noticeable after thousands of objects in the selection set or many operations in the code.

Some of the other programming languages might offer alternatives - I quite like LISP since it is built into CAD and interacts well with it

3 minutes ago, Steven P said:

It all depends what you are ultimately wanting to do. In this example, it works, what is the problem? If it is a speed issue, that would only really become noticeable after thousands of objects in the selection set or many operations in the code.

Some of the other programming languages might offer alternatives - I quite like LISP since it is built into CAD and interacts well with it

Hello, sorry for not clarifying, I am just learning the Lisp Language, and my intention was not to ensure that the Routine that I made myself does not work, but what I want is to learn more advanced commands, if they exist.
Thank you !!

Hello duke,

Welcome to the world of AutoLISP. Hopefully you will have a fun time learning it as you go.

Just as Steven has pointed out, what you have done is the most common method of processing entities in a selection set. If anything, most programmers would simply reduce one more line by writing it like this:

(repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
    (setq i (1- i))
    ;; Do your thing here
)

Of course, there would be times when you would need to use a list instead of a selection set. In this case, you will need to convert them into a list first. Such functions are already available: SelectionSet to List.

Edited by Jonathan Handojo
  • Like 1

Another when selecting objects. Makes VL objects.

(if (= ss nil)
(progn (Alert "Selection set was not created \n\n will now exit\n\nPlease check dwg and redo")(exit))
)
    (setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss (setq i (1- i)))))
    ;; Do your thing here
)

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Handojo said:

Hello duke,

Welcome to the world of AutoLISP. Hopefully you will have a fun time learning it as you go.

Just as Steven has pointed out, what you have done is the most common method of processing entities in a selection set. If anything, most programmers would simply reduce one more line by writing it like this:

(setq i (1- i))
    ;; Do your thing here
)

Of course, there would be times when you would need to use a list instead of a selection set. In this case, you will need to convert them into a list first. Such functions are already available: SelectionSet to List.

INTERESANTE !!!
Gracias por responder !
La unica duda q me queda es por qué razon se el resta un dígito, en lugar de sumar ?
digo, para ir avanzando dentro de las entidades internas 

========================================================
INTERESTING !!!
Thank you for responding!
The only question I have left is why does he subtract a digit, instead of adding?
I mean, to move forward within the internal entities

45 minutes ago, duke said:

INTERESANTE !!!
Gracias por responder !
La unica duda q me queda es por qué razon se el resta un dígito, en lugar de sumar ?
digo, para ir avanzando dentro de las entidades internas 

========================================================
INTERESTING !!!
Thank you for responding!
The only question I have left is why does he subtract a digit, instead of adding?
I mean, to move forward within the internal entities

No worries. Glad to have you here.

sslength return the length of the selection set. So setting the variable 'i' to the length of the selection set first means that we are processing items from the end of the selection set. Therefore, we need to decrement it from the end to the start. Hence why we are subtracting it.

Most programs don't really take the order of processing into account, as long as all entities in the selection set are processed, that's all that matters.

12 hours ago, Jonathan Handojo said:

No hay problema. Me alegra tenerte aquí.

sslength devuelve la longitud del conjunto de selección. Entonces, establecer primero la variable 'i' en la longitud del conjunto de selección significa que estamos procesando elementos desde el final del conjunto de selección. Por lo tanto, debemos disminuirlo desde el final hasta el principio. De ahí por qué lo estamos restando.

La mayoría de los programas realmente no tienen en cuenta el orden de procesamiento, siempre que se procesen todas las entidades del conjunto de selección, eso es todo lo que importa.

Ooooo si si qué bruto que soy ja ja, " i "  es el numero MAYOR, por lo tanto hay q ir restando.
Me encantó esa forma de hacerlo, lo aplicaré.
Gracias por la paciencia !!!

21 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Another when selecting objects. Makes VL objects.

(if (= ss nil)
(progn (Alert "Selection set was not created \n\n will now exit\n\nPlease check dwg and redo")(exit))
)
    (setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss (setq x (- x 1)))))
    ;; Do your thing here
)

hI BRO, i am confused ha ha
this line
(setq x (- x 1))
where was created "x" ???
Or is 
(setq i (- i 1))
)))

2 hours ago, duke said:

hI BRO, i am confused ha ha
this line
(setq x (- x 1))
where was created "x" ???
Or is 
(setq i (- i 1))
)))

"i" is correct

• Like 1

I often use this helper function below to make it easier to go over a selection set:

;|
; Foreach-ss by dexus
; Loop over every item in a selectionset
; @Param input selection set
; @Param inputfunc function to execute over every item
|;
(defun foreach-ss (input inputfunc / n)
  (if (= 'PICKSET (type input))
    (repeat (setq n (sslength input))
      (inputfunc (ssname input (setq n (1- n))))
    )
  )
)

Can be used like this:

(foreach-ss (ssget)
  (lambda (e)
    (princ (cdr (assoc 0 (entget e))))
  )
)

Edited by dexus
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, dexus said:

I often use this helper function below to make it easier to go over a selection set:

(defun foreach-ss (input inputfunc / n)
  (if (= 'PICKSET (type input))
    (repeat (setq n (sslength input))
      (inputfunc (ssname input (setq n (1- n))))
    )
  )
)

Can be used like this:

(foreach-ss (ssget)
  (lambda (e)
    (princ (cdr (assoc 0 (entget e))))
  )
)

i will try bro, thanks, your example looks beauty ‼‼‼‼👌👌👌👌