How do I set the dimension style on AutoLisp?

brianhiroshi

Well, as a matter of fact there is one thing I was trying to do but didn't manage to. After making the drawing and placing the dimensions, I tried to scale the whole thing, but I don't know how to pick the entities without having to use pickpoints (which was not very effective to select the dimensions) or window/crossing (which can end up selecting other entities that were not supposed to be selected). Later, I will have to rotate the drawing too, then I will come to the same problem with selecting the drawing. Would you have any idea of how to do it?

Thanks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• brianhiroshi

• Se7en

• alanjt

Sorry, my english is not very good. Basically yes, there may be a chance that the user of the routine will use it to draw over another drawing, then we would have lines drawn by the program and others by the user mixed. I wanted to scale only the lines and dimensions made by the lisp.

Thanks

If you are having line and entities drawn by a LISP, then the way I would proceed is to make the LISP create a global variable containing a list of entity names of all the entities created by the LISP.

That way you could refer back to them at a later date.

But, of course, this would only work for during the drawing session.

The only other way I would think of would be to either create the LISP lines with their own colour or layer.

Yes, that's what I did. It was something like that...

(command "._line" pt1 pt2 "")

(setq e1 (entget (entlast)))

(setq entities (list e1 e2 e3 ...))

(command "._scale" entities "" pt1 scalenumber "")

I've tried variations of this but neither of them worked. I don't know what I might be doing that it's not working.

Thanks

Scale requires a selection set, not a list of entities - I just suggested a list of entities, as I thought it may be easier to keep track of things.

But use this:

(setq ss (ssadd))
(command "._line" pt1 pt2 "")
(ssadd (entlast) ss)

(command "._scale" ss "" pt1 scalenumber "")

It worked perfectley, thank you very much Lee Mac, I've been working in this the whole week, sorry for all the trouble.

Thanks again