Hatch .pat scales are funky

I recently upgraded to 2025 from a 2016 version. In doing so, I lost a few hatches and had to go digging through buried folders to find them again.

Once I copied the .pat files into the correct (?) location for the 2025 version, I noticed that the scales were all wrong. In other words, for a couple of custom hatches, I needed to use a huge scale, in order to even see them.  Once they showed up though, I could not increase or decrease the sizes (scale) without losing sight of them again in the designated areas to be hatched.

So, I am wondering if it just a setting issue that needs to be addressed, or if I have lost use of these hatches, and need to download new ones to replace them?

Thank you in advance for any insights.

The 2 hatch pat files metric or imperial, if you look at the numbers like 0.375 that is 3/8" so if you look at your values you can see how they compare. For me metric a line type had like 0.6 0.3 ie 600 mm wide 300 mm gap.

So Iso 3.175 mm

*ANSI31, ANSI Iron, Brick, Stone masonry
45, 0,0, 0,3.175 

So Imperial 1/8"

*ANSI31, ANSI Iron, Brick, Stone masonry
45, 0,0, 0,.125

So make sure you are loading correct PAT file for a start. Then compare values.

Also if using co-ords like world co-ords 678391.234,57890.123 you need to reset pattern origin sometimes to a point near your objects. Then pattern will appear correct.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply-

However, whether it was metric or imperial... wouldn't it be the same as whatever it was before I upgraded? If not, how was that change made (from one version to the next), and how do I undo it? Yes, I had already checked the point of origin.

Post the relevant lines of the pat file. Then can have a look at values, at hatch scale=1 what is pattern size.