• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• east§ide

• Cymro

• SLW210

• GhostRider

no problem..ill try that welsh flag now ;-)

edit: nevermind haha i didnt realize there was a dragon on it and i cant find size specifications anywhere

I looked up the welsh flag and thought it was so cool,Thought I'd try to trace the image, never did that before, I welcome comments or suggestions of better ways.

Thanks I notice the same thing and was fixing it too. There was probably a bettter way to do this but I took a Tiff image into photoshop 4.0 and selected the colors and deleted them and imported the outline into AutoCad and traced over it. It would be nice if it could be imported as lines and curves, I don't know how though.

In in the past some members were asking about programs that vecorialzes images, and often their question was answered with the suggestion of imsert the image as a draw model and trace it from scratch.

Just to demonstrate how better is the result optained by GhostRider who traced the dragon with help of a raster image I post the result I get using wintopo (a free image to vector converter).

Pretty bad, :huh:

Well, I'm not expert with that kind of program so I guess that a better result can be optained (I did all automaically, and then I've not edit the result in Autocad because I wanted it done as fast as I could but showing the limits of those programs) but I seriusly doubt that it can be done as good as the one GhostRider posted

Riga,

Thanks for the example and explanation I was wondering how to actually convert to something Autocad can use other than an image, I am going to try to play with this software see how well it vecorialzes images I use or need.

This is the Jpg image I ended up with, I had to convert it to a TIFF to import it to Autocad to trace, thought it would be a good addition to show the method used.

In 3 months here reading and playing with exercises posted I've learned more than ever before, everyone that contributes here is great !!