• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samson

• CarlB

• Tiger

• Hedgehog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're welcome, glad to help. SLW210's method also works, although mine follows (my) thought process.

I often use your method as well CarlB, I just thought that method might be easier for Samson to follow. If I find the time I will try to do a drawing using CarlB's method for any future Caddies with this problem. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the effort Beammeup but no, I need the arc the opposite way around. See attached, This is the one I drew a while ago but as I have an exam coming I thought i`d do it again to refresh my memory. Lost all confidence now though. Thanks again.

One thing to note here: why have you used a scale of 3:1 ?

that is not a scale that appears on any scale rule (triangular or otherwise) that i have ever seen.

consider using 2:1 or 5:1 ?

Thanks NBC, scale was on the drawing in the exercise book so copied it as it said. Sorry for delay in reply but didn`t notice it. Cheers for your help again.

• 1 year later...
Hi,

ACAD 2008, I`m Having all sorts of problems trying to draw an arc joined to a circle. I have got it to work once but can`t seem to do it again. Is it possible I have something active which is stopping the snap to Tan. Everytime I try it, the snap seems to be in a different position.

Hi Samson

Looks like I have the same problem. I just carried out the same search while working through the C&Gs 4353 award assignment 1. and can't work it out how to do it properly. Did you suss it out in the end. I'm the tutor and I can work it out!!

Sean

Hi Samson

Looks like I have the same problem. I just carried out the same search while working through the C&Gs 4353 award assignment 1. and can't work it out how to do it properly. Did you suss it out in the end. I'm the tutor and I can work it out!!

Sean

sean - first off, please don't add a new question to existing thread, for best result start a new thread for each new question.

Second - from this thread it looks like Samson got his question answered in this thread, does any of the solutions offered solve your problem?

If it doesn't, please start a new thread and describe your problem in more detail and we'll see if the Forum can help you.

Offset the circle 30, draw a circle from the line with radius 30, use the intersection of the two circles as the center of the arc. Or draw a circle from there and trim.