"User defined attribute list" won't save settings

M_Simons

I am trying to add the ASSYCODE attribute to the automatically generated reports. I am doing this via adding the attribute to the "user defined attribute list" option. When you add the attribute it asks you to save the .wda file. I do this, but when I open the user defined attribute list again it is blank. I try to open the .wda file I made earlier, then save the drawing but it still goes away the moment I close the window.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for looking!

Ok, I figured it out. For some reason AutoCAD won't allow you to use the ASSYCODE attribute (or probably any of the catalog data attribs) in the "user defined attribute list".

I switched to an attribute I made up and it worked great. I ended up using the DESC3 attribute, which also worked fine. I needed to use an attribute that all of AutoCAD's "smart" blocks had.

Just FYI for anyone else who has this problem.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Even I want to add some atribute like CAT, DESC3, DESC1,etc and I want them to be stored and inserted witht he component by default, but each time i go to symbol builer edit component and save the symbol... but when I insert it from the file it asks me to re insert all the fields... can u clarify the solution u discovered???