Need help with a special way of extruding.

Knightsofwar210

Okay I'm building an m16a1 in AutoCAD so I'm trying to make the grip over the barrel but I cannot figure out how to extrude this - have a look.

extrudinghelp.jpg

I want to extrude the large triangle to the small triangle but it gets smaller as it goes to the small triangle. I am fairy good with AutoCAD 2007 and this is the first time something like this has stumped me, I've tried everything. Thank you in advance.

I have tried making closed 3dpolys for the sides then extruding them inwards if you do that then it leaves some extra stuff that sticks up and i've tried using the slice command but since the extra stuff is a weird shape it can't do it correctly.

You will be thankful for using ACAD07 after you attempt this with the LOFT command. Check out the helpfile. You'll need closed 2D polylines for the profiles, and I'd probably make the fillets on the profile before lofting also.

On a side note, why the A1? The A2 was a much better upgrade (even with leaving full auto for 3 round burst) and the M4 is probably a lot more relevant in today's times. Be sure to keep us updated with some screenshots of your progress.

Bonus points if you add in the M203 40mm grenade launcher

You will be thankful for using ACAD07 after you attempt this with the LOFT command. Check out the helpfile. You'll need closed 2D polylines for the profiles, and I'd probably make the fillets on the profile before lofting also.

On a side note, why the A1? The A2 was a much better upgrade (even with leaving full auto for 3 round burst) and the M4 is probably a lot more relevant in today's times. Be sure to keep us updated with some screenshots of your progress.

Bonus points if you add in the M203 40mm grenade launcher

Lol I'm just making it because I like the look of it.

Hope you're not a southpaw then, there's a reasno they added that little triangular "bump" near the ejection port...a few facefuls of hot brass and you'll figure out why.