Boiler house lighting

DJMDesign

All done purely in AutoCAD 2008, loving that package!

does anyone know the going rate for producing these sorts of images?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DJMDesign

• Strix

• stevsmith

• Ritch7

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pretty neat stuff

Thanks Steve, quite pleased so far. Do you know how much i should be charging for images like these, its the first time Ive done rendering seriously. The client loves the images and wants to use them in promotional merchandise....

To be honest I think that if they were just looking for the rendered images only you would have to take into consideration the amount of time you had taken producing accurate working cad drawings to give such an effect.

For the final images themselves I would charge about £50 per image. But because of the work and effort to draw them in CAD to produce the renders you would have to take this into account. (this would justify paying more than the £50, so you could end up charging £75-£100)

If the drawings are to be used for manufacturing the boiler house I would expect to pay around £15-£18 per hour. You have put alot of work into them, as we can all see.

Plus It might be a good idea to concider that you might recieve more work from the client. So you could sell them at a special 1 off price and then submit a going rate to produce any other drawings/renders. That way you wont have to "haggle" the price later on.

Keep up the good work though.

Oh, another thing. You could ask if you could have your name mentioned with an email link, that way people who see your work could also contact you.

For lighting effects you could introduce halogen lamps/lights suspended from the celing and flouresent lights fitted on the walls.

I was thinking of that, but wondered how you would show the lamp with the light shining from it? Have you managed to do this anywhere?

I was thinking of that, but wondered how you would show the lamp with the light shining from it? Have you managed to do this anywhere?

To be perfectly honest I dont know the first thing about rendering. My line of work doesn't require it at all. I can do 3d. But you'd be better off giving me a crayon set to colour it in.

Sorry mate..