help with apperance of part

TheNewGuy

I was wondering if there is a way to hatch, or something, the angles in this part. Something that would help to make it a little easier to understand. You may have to turn on Shading to see how complex it is. I know I could just turn on shading, but then I loose detail from other perspectives. I cant attach the whole drawing but I have been copying and pasting then 3drotate to get 3 different perspectives all saved on one final drawing. hope this makes sense. Any help would be much appreciated. (I couldn't shrink the file size enough to attach the any dwg) Sooo... hope this is good enough. Thanks again.

front guideway view-Layout1.dwf

Sorry for the delay I wanted to try and solve the problem first but just ended up re-doing the whole drawing so that each section was in a different color, and this helped a lot, also I was able to then easily designate an exploded view for that section and put it off to the side. I would love to show it to you but I can't fit it, Ziped it is still 1.5mb. Any advice on shrinking these files to fit? Next I am going to piece together a 3D model from all these parts and animate it. So keep an eye out for the questions I am sure to ask about animation, and I will likely need to post a pic, but if this one part is to large than the whole model will surely be to big!

P.S thanks for your help, I will explore what "imprint" does and see if it could have helped.

Thanks for all your help.

Well I noticed from your last file that you had three models in one drawing? You could make a new version and remove the extra views leavng only one 3d model and then try purge.

BTW: Also I played around with the imprint command and you can colour the edges as well.

OK Thanks I will try the purge command tomorrow. I all ready tried reducing the number of models down to just one and it was still to big to post as a DWG. So I just left it as it was and posted a PDF. BUt I am hopeing this "PURGE" Command will do the trick! I will let you know.

Thanks for your help

Sorry about this thread getting off topic, but I have few more questions.

1) The "PURGE" Command does not seem to help with shrinking the file size. Not sure why. Any Help with that...

2) I am exploring using a photo real rendering to post my results and I keep loosing all my text.(see attached)

3) Can someone who has done it tell me how they were able to post a completely rendered animation in the 250kb restricted file size.

front guideway post.zip

Sorry about this thread getting off topic, but I have few more questions.

1) The "PURGE" Command does not seem to help with shrinking the file size. Not sure why. Any Help with that...

2) I am exploring using a photo real rendering to post my results and I keep loosing all my text.(see attached)

3) Can someone who has done it tell me how they were able to post a completely rendered animation in the 250kb restricted file size.

1) As I understand it. Purge gets rid of items that aren't being used anymore. I guess You don't have any of that yet.

2) Lines don't get rendered. Text is basically linework. I think you would need to extrude the text somehow. Never tried it though.

3) I supose you would render the image as normal and then get into an image editting program and shrink the image, that usually brings the size down.

Hope I have everything correct.

OK thanks, that explains some stuff. I will try your Idea for shrinking the Bitmaps later and let you know.

Thanks for your help

Hi! If it's just for the image, what about a simple screenshot in jpg?

(Sorry, perhaps I'm not understanding right what you're trying to obtain...)

yea a screen shot seems to be my best bet so far, but I would prefer to upload the whole thing as a dwg so other people can zoom in and rotate it around and see the detail. Also I am working on an animation of this model in action and that can not be done as a screen shot either.