rotate ucs?

east§ide

hey i forget the command to rotate the ucs

i have a layout and need to do elevations off of it and need to rotate the entire drawing..how do i rotate the ucs ?

If you want to rotate the screen view so that that the ucs is allways square to your screen try setting 'ucsfollow' to 1. Then whenever you change your UCS it will automatically rotate around on the screen. Personally I allows have mine set to 1 all the time as I find so much easier.

If you want to rotate the screen view so that that the ucs is allways square to your screen try setting 'ucsfollow' to 1. Then whenever you change your UCS it will automatically rotate around on the screen. Personally I allows have mine set to 1 all the time as I find so much easier.
This is very cool! Thanks :)

Like was said before you can rotate ucs a number of ways. The most common for me are:

1: enter ucs into the command line, then x,y,z for the axis you want to rotate, default is set at 90 so you can hit enterx2 if thats the angle you want, otherwise you can enter an integer for the rotating angle.

2: ucs again, then "3" for 3 point, and select your three points to create the ucs. This one is my favorite because it creates the ucs right where you click, so if you are working on a piece and create it there, the ucs is right on it.

• 8 months later...

beware of using UCS follow as it will make all of your viewports in paper space take on the same rotation when you change the ucs value.

beware of using UCS follow as it will make all of your viewports in paper space take on the same rotation when you change the ucs value.

Not if the viewports are locked.

I always keep ucsfollow 1 in all my drawings without any trouble.

and I use ucs>new>3point method to rotate the ucs. I also save the ucs with the name so that to go back i can go ucs>named>retore instead of clicking points again.

I always use the UCS object button, so generally I draw a line alligned with the new position of the UCS and select it after clicking the UCS Object button.

The UC command will allow you to control if the view rotates together with the UCS or remains the same.

• 2 months later...
I didnt know that .

Does it still stay the same when the viewport is unlocked nad the ucs changed?

no, not in the case of unlocked viewports. It stays the same only if the viewport is locked.