convert from ACAD 2000 to solidworks

NoelStalker

Hello all. My customer wants my ACAD drawing in a solidworks compatible format. He would like me to get it in a STEP file format (.STP). Is there any software out there that will do this? I would prefer it to be free or very cheap.

Thanks for your help!:)

stevsmith,

Thanks for the response. I have exported a .SAT (ACIS) file and they say that they cannot import it - that it is corrupt. Still searching online for a way to convert DWG to STP

This may sound really silly. (i havent used sw in a few years)

Doesn't solidworks come with a draughting program similar to Autocad that can open .dwg files, surely they could open it in that as a dwg and then import it from that as an .stp or sw equivelant?

I have exported a .SAT (ACIS) file and they say that they cannot import it - that it is corrupt.

Can you post a *.sat file here that they indicated was corrupt? This should be relatively painless.